Monday, July 19, 2010

Beets are deadly serious.

The beet is the most intense of vegetables. Tomatoes are lusty enough yet there runs through beets an undercurrent of frivolity. Beets are deadly serious.  

(Tom Robbins, Jitterbug Perfume)





One would assume you would have to be a lonely obsessive health nut with a creepy wandering mind to come to this conclusion in the middle of a dinner meal prep. Fortunately (or unfortunately, im not sure which?) I am and I did. Its super exciting observing the details of foods with their shabby elephant skins, sun injected colour palettes and wet seedy cavernous holes. I spy on them hanging over the fridges white railing like a rag of ex circus talents each with their own unique sweaty scent and coloured act.

I took these over a few consecutive weeks when inspired in the kitchen a la mid vegetable salad and soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment